Woman’s Memorial Hall

2010, July 30

Construction began in August, 1919, and ended in May 1921. Named in 1929 for Irene H. Gerlinger, the first woman Regent and avid fundraiser and advocate for the University of Oregon. Gerlinger managed a successful campaign to build the Woman’s Building and was involved its decoration and design. The Alumni Hall in Gerlinger is among UO’s few remaining historic interiors. [Source: University of Oregon, Knight Library]

443 Views

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT